About the Board of Trade
Who We Are
The Lunenburg Board of Trade is a non-profit organization founded and run by a group of volunteer business minded people. We are Sole Proprietors, Partnerships, Corporations, Associations, Societies and seasoned individuals, sharing our collective business experience and expertise.
The Lunenburg Board of Trade was brought into being in 1927 and is still going strong. Our Mission Statement today remains the same as it did all those years ago;
"The Lunenburg Board of Trade shall be for the purpose of advancing commercial, industrial and civic interests of the Lunenburg Board of Trade and area, based on the fundamentals of cooperation and communication".
Lunenburg's traditions and entrepreneurial tenacity are legend. The Lunenburg Board of Trade is one of the oldest and most venerable Boards of Trade on the eastern seaboard.
- To represent and promote interests of the membership to all levels of government.
- To provide a forum for open communication and cooperation of activities among the various economic sectors.
- To provide a central clearinghouse of inquiries and information to and from other groups and individuals
- To explore ways to cooperatively market and promote our community and its' business.
- To engage in strategic long range planning and to solicit appropriate economic activity for our community.
How We Operate
The Board is nonpartisan, non-sectional, and non-sectarian. We are a Board that is both driven and led by the membership so that the onus is not placed on a few individuals. We rely on the hard work and commitment of our volunteers to maintain operation. Revenue is generated through Board programs, membership dues, some government programs, and other fundraising efforts.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Atlantic Provinces Chamber of Commerce
- Nova Scotia Chamber of Commerce
- N. S. Economic Development & Tourism
- Tourism Industry Association of N.S.
- Destination South West Nova