Membership of the Lunenburg Board of Trade
Any person interested in the objectives of the Board is eligible for membership, once an application and the appropriate membership fee has been received. Any Member in good standing may propose an eligible person or organization as a candidate for membership at a general meeting. With a majority two-thirds acceptance of the proposal, the applicant shall henceforth be a member of The Board of Trade.
On payment of all fees and acceptance all members are bound by the ‘Members Code of Conduct’.
A Membership includes:
All the rights and obligations of a Member in good standing.
One representative vote at general and at annual meetings.
Access to Board programs and initiatives.
Economic Development and Marketing Initiatives
- Free business directory listing on Lunenburgns.com website
- A self-managed directory listing on the web site with the ability to load your company logo and business description
- Lunenburg Town Map & Business Directory – distributed to all Visitor Information Centers throughout the Province and surrounding Atlantic Provinces
- Managing and operating the Visitor Information Centre on Blockhouse Hill with representation for your business rack cards. We now operate a second location on the Lunenburg waterfront
- Vehicular way-finding, award winning pedestrian way-finding signage and map kiosk panels strategically placed around town
- Activation of waterfront space with seating and mural as part of collaborative initiative between the Lunenburg Board of Trade, Town of Lunenburg, Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic and Waterfront Development Corporation
- Promotional film of 5 to 7 minutes in length highlighting living and working in Lunenburg
- Managing and operating a 55 site camp ground on Blockhouse Hill
- Information bulletins
- Co-op advertising and discount pricing made available
Membership Benefits – Save $$$’s by utilising these benefits
- Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan Click <Here> for an information video on employee benefits.
- Home & Auto Insurance at preferred rates through Johnson Inc as a benefit to member companies and their employees
- Pet Insurance Coverage through Johnsons inc. https://www.petsplusus.com/partner/johnson
- Bailly’s Fuels Ltd., Lunenburg 902-634-4487; receive $0.045 cents/litre discount (commercial customers)
- West Nova Fuels, Lunenburg 902-634-3835; receive $0.05 cents per litre fuel discount for commercial accounts.
- Promote SHOP LOCAL
- Iron Mountain confidential paper shredding facilities at the LBoT offices. Details on request
- One Strong Voice for the Business Community
- A website presence on the Lunenburgns.com website ‘Find it in Lunenburg’
- Prime advertising space on the Lunenburgns.com website for that special event or promotion. Details on request.
- Long Distance Savings Plan with Venture Elite – save on long distance calling charges, including cellular long distance http://www.westcangroup.ca/LongDistanceReg.aspx?auid=d4893480-ac0e-4c9f-b7ea-68df4bca9a5e
- Member to Member email advertising. Reach 100’s of potential customers by sending your business advertisement to our subscribed email listing. $25 per email or send 5 for $100.
- Shipping and freight services with UPS Canada. UPS Members Benefit Program with heavily discounted shipping services 30%
- UPS Store Get More Card, small business solution http://www.getmoresavemore.ca/step1_ccc.php Take advantage of discounted in store savings on packaging, printing services, mailbox rentals and earn Aeroplan Miles.
- Purolator services, member discounts starting at 25% on Purolator Express and Purolator Ground suite of services http://www.purolator.com/en/campaigns/ccacc/index.page
- Transcontinental Printing – discuss your individual business needs for a vast array of printing services tailor-made for you at preferential membership rates http://tctranscontinental.com/services . Contact Lori Ryan 902 468 0073 or email email@example.com
- Esso Business Card Program You can even promote this program to your employees. A great way to save money and give your employees a preferred benefit.
- We have a new payment processing partner ‘First Data’, offering competitive rates on Visa/MasterCard/Debit handling fees https://www.chambermerchantservices.ca/ or telephone 1-888-265-4117
- 15% on Quantum RBS Cloud-Backup & Recovery service http://www.qrbs.ca/
- Receive discosunts on audio conference, web collaboration and webinar services http://www.evolvecollaboration.com/
- Save up to 20% at The Source http://thesource.ca/sitelets/business/default.asp Contact us for a referral code.
- The Alba Group and OfficeMax Lyreco – Discounted office supplies and products http://albagroupchamber.ca/
- Chamber eLearning Centre – discounts on thousands of online courses.
- Mystery Shopping – opportunity to assess how your level of customer service ranks.
- Economic Development and Marketing Initiatives
- Tourism Information Centre & Campground
- Town Maps – over 65,000 copies distributed Province wide and into New Brunswick
- Advertising at preferential rates in various destination publications.
- Information Bulletins
- Government Liaison & Lobbying
- Low Membership Fees. Our membership year commences November 1st.
- Opportunities to attend seminars with speakers on the topics important to business and NS in general
- Small Business Networking
- Community Event Sponsorship