Membership of the Lunenburg Board of Trade
Any person interested in the objectives of the Board is eligible for membership, once an application and the appropriate membership fee has been received. Any Member in good standing may propose an eligible person or organization as a candidate for membership at a general meeting. With a majority two-thirds acceptance of the proposal, the applicant shall henceforth be a member of The Board of Trade.
Our membership year runs from November 1st to October 31st. We do not pro-rate new memberships, however from July 1st onwards each year, any new membership will (upon acceptance as above) be treated as if it commenced November 1st for membership voting purposes. Effectively securing the new years membership at the previous years price. Upon receipt of the appropriate fee the member will be entered on our website and included in our membership mailings.
To apply for membership, please contact us at: email@example.com
A Membership includes:
All the rights and obligations of a Member in good standing.
One representative vote at general and at annual meetings (an Associate member is not eligible for a board position and does not qualify for a membership vote).
Access to Board programs and initiatives.
Economic Development and Marketing Initiatives
- Free directory listing on the web site, an opportunity to display your company logo and business description
- Lunenburg Town Map & Business Directory – distributed to all Visitor Information Centers throughout the Province and surrounding Atlantic Provinces
- Marketing of Lunenburg as a destination – Our Marketing Committee working to secure awards and recognition for Lunenburg as a destination.
- Managing and operating the Visitor Information Centre on Blockhouse Hill with representation for your business rack cards. We now operate a second location on the Lunenburg waterfront.
- Vehicular way-finding, award winning pedestrian way-finding signage and map kiosk panels strategically placed around town
- Activation of waterfront space with seating and mural as part of collaborative initiative between the Lunenburg Board of Trade, Town of Lunenburg, Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic and Waterfront Development Corporation
- Renewal of interpretative panels at historic sites and buildings around town.
- Promotional film of 5 to 7 minutes in length highlighting living and working in Lunenburg
- Managing and operating a 55 site campground on Blockhouse Hill
- Information bulletins
- Co-op advertising and discount pricing made available
Membership Benefits – Save $$$’s by utilizing these benefits
- Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan Click <Here> for an information video on employee benefits.
- Home & Auto Insurance at preferred rates through Johnson Inc as a benefit to member companies and their employees
- Pet Insurance Coverage through Johnson’s inc. https://www.petsplusus.com/partner/johnson
- West Nova Fuels, Lunenburg 902-634-3835; receive $0.05 cents per litre fuel discount for commercial accounts.
- Promote SHOP LOCAL
- Iron Mountain confidential paper shredding facilities at the LBoT offices. Details on request
- One Strong Voice for the Business Community
- Free prime advertising on the Lunenburgns.com website for that special event or promotion.
- Long Distance Savings Plan with Venture Elite – save on long distance calling charges, including cellular long distance http://www.westcangroup.ca/LongDistanceReg.aspx?auid=d4893480-ac0e-4c9f-b7ea-68df4bca9a5e
- Member to Member email advertising. Reach 100’s of potential customers by sending your business advertisement to our subscribed email listing.
- Shipping and freight services with UPS Canada. UPS Members Benefit Program with heavily discounted shipping services 30%
- Esso Business Card Program You can even promote this program to your employees. A great way to save money and give your employees a preferred benefit.
- Payment processing partner ‘First Data’, offers competitive rates on Visa/MasterCard/Debit handling fees https://www.chambermerchantservices.ca/ or telephone 1-888-265-4117
- Chamber eLearning Centre – discounts on thousands of online courses.
- Economic Development and Marketing Initiatives
- Tourism Information Centre & Campground
- Town Maps – 70,000 copies distributed Province wide and into New Brunswick
- Advertising at preferential rates in various destination publications.
- Information Bulletins
- Low Membership Fees. Our membership year commences January 1st.
- Opportunities to attend seminars with speakers on the topics important to business and NS in general
- Small Business Networking
- Community Event Sponsorship.