CAMPING IN HISTORIC LUNENBURG
Three Star Campground – Following our Quality Visitor Services inspection, the pre-eminent accommodation rating programs in Atlantic Canada and beyond, we were awarded an additional Accommodation Rating star for our campground. We are now a 3 star rated facility.
2020 Season – UPDATE: The campground will be opening on June 12th,2020. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the campground office will be open 9AM-5PM for the month of June. These hours are subject to change. There will be decreased availability of sites to maintain physical distance and increased sanitizing procedures in our campground washrooms, as well as changes to our policies to comply with provincial government regulations.Please read the following policies carefully.
MAX 4 PEOPLE PERMITTED ENTRY IN CAMPGROUND OFFICE
- A campground health screening questionnaire must be completed prior to entry onto our grounds
- You will not be permitted to enter if you or a family member has returned from outside Nova Scotia within the last 14 days .
- You will not be permitted to enter if you or any family had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- You will not be permitted to enter if you or your family experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in the last 14 days associated with COVID—19
- Social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet of all occupants for non -family members or “family bubble”
- Visitors to the campground are limited to those of the same household or “family bubble”
- A minimum distance of 30 feet should be maintained between campsites
- Please practice proper hand washing, sanitization and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
- No campfires are permitted
- Open alcohol or cannabis is ONLY permitted on your designated site. Please be respectful of your fellow campers.
- Quiet time is from 10pm until sunrise. Generators are to be turned off at 10pm
- Waste sorting and recycling must be done in accordance with municipal and provincial regulation. A surcharge of $25.00 will be applied for violations of these policies.
11 Blockhouse Hill Road, PO Box 1300, Lunenburg NS B0J 2C0
To check availability and make a reservation, click here.
Rarely do you find a campground right in town, especially a UNESCO World Heritage Town. Perched atop Blockhouse Hill, the Lunenburg Board of Trade Campground offers an unsurpassed location from which to launch your Lunenburg adventures. With scenic views of both Front and Back harbours, our campground is within easy walking distance of historic downtown Lunenburg and our famous waterfront, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Make Lunenburg your base from which to explore all that our beautiful south shore has to offer.
Enjoy the historic architecture; visit the Fisheries Museum on the working waterfront. Take a walking tour or a buggy ride and drop into the shops of Old Town Lunenburg.
Play a round or two on our golf course, indulge in some excellent food at one of our many fine restaurants or just kick back and enjoy the sunset from your campsite at the top of the hill!
We are only an hour from Halifax and conveniently located right next to the Lunenburg Visitor Information Centre.
• 55 Sites, Advance reservations are recommended
• Daily & weekly rates
• 22 EWS, 23 EW and 10 un-serviced
• All serviced sites are 30 amps
• Pets welcome
• Wi-Fi service is available for our customers
• Municipal water and dump station
• Genuinely clean washrooms
• Free hot showers
• Visa, MasterCard & Debit accepted
Un-serviced: $32.00 + $4.80 (HST) = $36.80
Electric/Water: $46.00 + $6.90 (HST) = $52.90
Electric/Water/Sewer: $48.00 + $7.20 (HST) = $55.20
(Rates subject to change) 48hr cancellation policy. No shows will be charged the full site rate for period booked.
Electricity usage is not metered so charges are inclusive where applicable.
We pride ourselves on our knowledgeable helpful campground reservations staff here at the Visitor Information Centre. They have a wealth of information at their disposal to help you get the most out of your stay.
GPS Co-ordinates: LAT: 44.377474 LONG: 64.30418014526367