Who We Are
The Lunenburg Board of Trade Society is a non-profit organization founded and run by a group of volunteer business minded people. We are Sole Proprietors, Partnerships, Corporations, Associations, Societies and seasoned individuals, sharing our collective business experience and expertise.
Lunenburg’s traditions and entrepreneurial tenacity are legend. The Lunenburg Board of Trade is one of the oldest and most venerable Boards of Trade on the eastern seaboard. First envisioned pre-1900 and eventually incorporated as a Society in 1996, our Mission Statement today remains the same as it did all those years ago;
The Lunenburg Board of Trade shall be for the purpose of advancing commercial, industrial and civic interests of Lunenburg and area, based on the fundamentals of cooperation and communication.
- To represent and promote interests of the membership to all levels of government
- To provide a forum for open communication and cooperation of activities among the various economic sectors
- To provide a central clearinghouse of inquiries and information to and from other groups and individuals
- To explore ways to cooperatively market and promote our community and its business
- To engage in strategic long range planning and to solicit appropriate economic activity for our community
How We Operate
The Board is nonpartisan, non-sectional, and non-sectarian. We are a Board that is both driven and led by the membership so that the onus is not placed on a few individuals. We rely on the hard work and commitment of our volunteers to maintain operation. Revenue is generated through Board programs, membership dues, some government programs, and other fundraising efforts.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Atlantic Chamber of Commerce
- N. S. Economic Development & Tourism
- Tourism Industry Association of N.S. (TIANS)
- Destination Bluenose Coast
LUNENBURG BOARD OF TRADE –
P. O. Box 1300, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia B0J 2C0
Civic address – 11 Blockhouse Hill Road
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia B0J 2C0
Telephone: 902 634 3170
(The Board of Trade Offices are located on the upper floor of the Visitors Information Centre)
Hours of Operation: April 1st – December 1st: 9am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday